Q. Why a Chicago candy tour?
A. Walking tours are a great way to explore a city and a candy tour is a fun and unique excursion. Discover how past, present, and future, Chicago continues to dominate the candy and chocolate world with impressive and creative confection.
Q. What’s involved in a Chicago candy tour?
A. We’ll travel the original streets of Chicago’s entrepreneurial downtown with stops for tastes of history. Chef Lewis will combine sweet Chicago candy facts, explain candy ingredients and the origins of the ingredients we taste in almost every sweet, not to mention real candy bites along with a bag of nostalgic Chicago sweets.
Q. Will I visit candy factories?
A. Chicago’s downtown has candy production, but does not allow for physical tours in the plants. But, we will visit shops where candy-making is still occurring on-site and in view.
Q. How far do we walk?
A. The tours are approximately 1½ hours and we’ll walk approximately one mile Be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes and feel free to bring a drink although water can be purchased along the way.
Q. Does our ticket include any tastings?
A. Absolutely! Some candy will be provided at stops as well as your own nostalgic candy bag with sweet bites.
Q. Are there any policies I need to know about?
A. Yes, a few guidelines to make the tour enjoyable for everyone:
- Minimum group size is two, the maximum group size is ten people. This allows for an easy-going pace with plenty of opportunity to ask questions and chat.
- Bookings must be made at least 24-hours prior to the tour start time.
- No children under the age of 10 for any tour, and no one under the age of 21 for the Boozy Candy Tour (even though no alcohol is drunk on this tour).
- No dogs (except service dogs) allowed since we go into restaurants and shops.
- The tours begin on time at the start times outlined however the first stop is usually 20 feet away from the beginning place so latecomers can catch up.
- Cancellation Policy: No refunds or credits will be issued for cancellations less than 24 hours prior to the tour date. A $5 administration fee per ticket will be retained if cancelling more than 24 hours prior to the tour date.